Subperiosteal implants are a specialized dental implant procedure available at Cascade Dental. These implants are designed for patients who may not be suitable candidates for traditional endosteal implants due to inadequate bone density. Subperiosteal implants are an option for some seeking tooth replacement options.
What Are Subperiosteal Implants?
Dental subperiosteal implants differ from the more common endosteal implants. Instead of being inserted directly into the jawbone, subperiosteal implants are under the gums but above the jawbone, resting on a metal framework that conforms to the patient’s jaw. These implants are great for patients with insufficient bone density to support endosteal implants.
Subperiosteal Implant Procedure
The process of getting subperiosteal implants at Cascade Dental typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation and Evaluation: The journey begins with a comprehensive consultation and evaluation. During this initial appointment, the dental team assesses the patient’s oral health, bone density, and overall suitability for subperiosteal implants. Advanced imaging and diagnostic tools may be used to plan the procedure effectively.
- Customized Treatment Plan: Cascade Dental’s experienced dental professionals collaborate with patients to develop customized treatment plans tailored to their needs. This plan considers factors such as the number of missing teeth and the jawbone’s condition.
- Implant Design and Fabrication: The dental team designs and fabricates a custom subperiosteal implant once the treatment plan is finalized. This implant is crafted to fit precisely over the patient’s jawbone and under the gum tissue.
- Implant Placement: During the implant placement, the dental team makes a small incision in the gum tissue to access the jawbone. The custom-made implant is carefully positioned over the jawbone. The implant’s metal framework conforms to the jawbone’s contours and is secured in place with screws or other anchoring devices.
- Healing and Integration: The gum tissue is sutured back into place following the implant placement. Over time, the implant integrates with the jawbone, stabilizing artificial teeth.
- Prosthetic Attachment: The dental team attaches custom-made prosthetic teeth to the subperiosteal implant after the healing and integration period. Patients’ original teeth are matched by these replacement teeth in appearance and functionality.
Benefits of Subperiosteal Implants
- Suitable for Patients with Low Bone Density: Subperiosteal implants are an ideal solution for individuals with insufficient bone density in the jaw. This condition may prevent the placement of traditional endosteal implants.
- Customized Prosthetics: Cascade Dental provides custom-made prosthetic teeth tailored to each patient’s unique dental needs and preferences.
- Stability and Durability: Subperiosteal implants offer excellent strength and durability, providing a long-lasting solution for tooth replacement.
- Enhanced Chewing and Speech: Once the prosthetic teeth are attached, patients can enjoy improved chewing efficiency and speech clarity, enhancing their overall quality of life.
Why Choose Cascade Dental for Subperiosteal Implants
Cascade Dental distinguishes itself by offering a patient-focused approach to subperiosteal implant procedures:
- Expertise: The practice boasts a team of skilled dental professionals with extensive experience in subperiosteal implant placement.
- Customization: Each subperiosteal implant is custom-designed to fit the patient’s jawbone precisely, ensuring optimal comfort and functionality.
- Comprehensive Aftercare: Cascade Dental provides thorough post-operative care, including follow-up appointments and maintenance checks, to monitor the healing process and ensure the longevity and optimal function of the implants.
To ensure successful subperiosteal implant procedures at Cascade Dental, patients should attend all scheduled appointments, follow post-operative care instructions, maintain good oral hygiene, and inform the dental team of any changes in oral health.