Why go to the dentist a second time for dental crowns if you don’t have to?
Cascade Dental is pleased to offer our patients access to the latest technology from CEREC which in most cases means you receive your crowns on the same day of a visit.
What is CEREC? CEREC is a technology for restoring damaged teeth, and this restoration can be completed in a single visit to the doctor’s office. It makes your teeth stronger and more beautiful, all while keeping your teeth looking natural. The restoration is metal-free, and the high-grade ceramic material is compatible with the natural tissue found in your mouth.
What does CEREC stand for? Ceramic Reconstruction.
The CEREC Process: During your appointment, you and your doctor will discuss the details of the procedure and your doctor will answer any questions you may have. Your doctor will use a special 3D imaging camera to take a photo of your tooth. Using CEREC’s proprietary software, your restoration will be designed according to your tooth’s appropriate form and function. Then, CEREC will use diamond burs to create your restoration out of a piece of ceramic. Finally, the ceramic restoration is bonded to your tooth using state-of-the-art adhesive dentistry.
Why Choose CEREC for your Dental Restorations? There are many advantages of using CEREC over traditional crown technology:
- Time: CEREC crowns are made in one visit, saving you considerable time away from your job and family.
- Comfort: With CEREC, there is no need for “gooey” impressions or for temporary crowns. Thus, eliminating potential discomfort and inconvenience of a messy impressions and/or temporary crowns falling off.
- Aesthetics: The strong, tooth-colored ceramic materials of CEREC restore your teeth to their natural strength, beauty, and function, and closely match the composition of your natural tooth structure.
- Strength: Milled ceramic is stronger than the traditional method of layering and pressing, so your smile will stay beautiful for years
- Fillings: CEREC material and technology can also be used for fillings. Since these fillings are made out of porcelain, they are more durable than white composite fillings.
That’s why Cascade Dental is pleased to bring you constantly improving technology that has been available for over 30+ years and has over 250 scientific studies supporting the safety and efficacy of CEREC Restorations.